April's Favorite Things!!

Thursday, May 28, 2009

My first post

I think I'll use something old here, just to see how this works:

I thought I'd make a list of some raw foods you may want to try. All can be found at health foods stores unless I notate. Make sure you get everything organic. This list doesn't include all of the yummy greens and produce you should be buying. When I go into a regular grocery store, the food packages all look like toys now. It's a very odd experience, and this is someone who refused to shop at Whole Foods 6 years ago. My husband was so wonderful to provide so well for us and wanted me to buy organic foods there. I wanted my "normal" lifestyle. I hate change, what can I say!

Hempseeds
Raw Agave
Raw Cacao Nibs/Powder/Butter-some in store, online too
Coconut Water
Chlorella nuts
Raw nut butters-cashew, pine nut (almond must be purchased online if you want it TRULY raw, US almonds are gassed)
Raw honey-you may eat honey, why not get raw next time?
Raw herbs and spices instead of dried-parsley, garlic (I go through a bulb every few days)
Dried fruits and veggies-great snack for kids
Dulse flakes-(seaweed)
Himalayan salt
Yacon syrup
Raw Coconut oil
Goji berries
Raw flax crackers
Sundried tomatoes
Ezekiel or Spelt breads
Raw cheeses and milk
PROBIOTICS-buy liquid ones, they're great
Raw revolution bars rock-you can get on amazon
Powdered green drinks for busy days-Berry green by New Chapter Organics
Fresh lemons and limes-throw out that poionous reallemon Stuff
Nuts-make sure they're raw! and soak alomonds and walnuts (some others too) overnight

Some other things to consider for your health are that it's more important what you eliminate, than what you add. This list is substantially longer, but I will list things that come to mind.
High fructose corn syrup
Pesticides-grown into your produce, or the ones you use for critters
Sugar
Gluten-I'm slowly getting rid of this one
Chlorine in your shower, and drinking water-you need to make sure you are drinking as healthy water as possible and showering in it too.

After much research I believe reverse osmosis followed by an ionizer is best. This will cost you around $2200 total, and unfortunately it's the most important.

Fluoride and other toxins need to be filtered out and then alkalized by the ionizer. Look into alkaline vs acidic water. Very important to survive our ever toxic environment. If you start researching and wonder about distilled, it is acidic. No good for your body.

Meat and dairy-okay alot won't like this, but it has been proven that cancers thrive in an environment where the body is consuming these things. Make your own almond milk instead of the traditional kind, and start by eating one meatless meal a week like eggplant parmesean.

Plastic!!! BPA's are dangerous. Throw away all of your children's poisonous cups and plates immediately. BPA's cause early puberty, cancers and many other things. They leach out of all those adorable plastic cups we hand to our babies. Get bamboo and stainless steel for the little ones, and teach them how to use glasses and plates like you as soon as possible. I started my son on glasses at 1 1/2 years old, and he broke his first one tonight at age 3 1/2. Store your foods in mason jars and pyrex. Don't use plastic wrap.

Want to get serious about health??? Juice yourself healthy!!! Get a juicer (I can help if you need to know what's good). You can get enormous amounts of greens this way. Lots of yummy live enzymes to help alkalize your body.

Make smoothies- throw some greens and hempseeds in there

Hygeine products!!-get chemical free ones! Your deodorant is dangerous, storing aluminum deep in your pores, and why?? The healthy stuff works just as well. My favorite is CRYSTAL, but I have other kinds that work too.

Toothpaste, fluoride is the main ingredient in prozac. Throw away your crest. It is doing crazy things to your thyroid and your brain. I like Nature's Gate.

Soaps and shampoos, look at the ingredients, they are crazy!! I use California baby.

Lotions-I use coconut oil. My son and I have eczema. Tamanu oil helps keep his rash under control, but not gone. I still refuse to use steroids on him. A little rash won't hurt him like the steroids will. I cheat sometimes and use Aveeno, but am open to any suggestions!!! PLEASE!! :)

Feed your children this way too! There isn't one thing I listed that my raw babies won't eat! They drink their greens, eat salads, take their probiotics and fish oils-ALL of it! They will want to be like you!

Thank you aunt Faith!! If it weren't for you I would have continued eating organic, but my road to get where I am would have taken alot longer than 7 months. You saved my family's life! I pretty much wrote a book, so there's my dedication.Okay that's it for now. That all came off the top of my head so I'm sure I'll think of more. Whew! Start a trend. Let me know about the healthy things you've found that work. I wish someone would write stuff like this for me. Alot of research has gone into finding all of these products, and I have been the tester! :) We should help each other in our quest for health.

No comments:

Post a Comment